Help the Handicapped

Wedding Officiant

http://www.thumbtack.com/The-Digital-Ministry-Standish-ME/service/1147411">wedding minister

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Father’s Pride




 
I have to admit that my daughter's wedding wasn't as good as I had hoped it would;
 it was much better.  As the Bride's father at the wedding of his first born, I was the typical father-of-the-bride; nervous, happy, melancholy.


 
Come; share some of the day with me through pictures:

   


 I don't have to tell anyone how stressful that day was.   Just imagine being lined up for a family picture with the bride and groom and having your ex-wife say:  "Should he be in these pictures?"  I was so hurt all I could say is "What, I'm no longer her father?"  That was just a little humor to cover a whole lot of hurt.




















 
  









 









 
 

  
 



I felt such joy when I saw her take her first steps, the tears I spent when she said the word daddy for the first time, the pride I felt when I saw her dance and sing in her first play, the joy, pride, and tears I enjoyed when she marched in at her high school graduation and my flood of emotions I had on her wedding day.  These are
the moments that all dads know as defining times, magical times.


What is a father's great task?

To bring himself and his family to God.

That task requires self-discipline, wisdom, patience,

strength and understanding.
Small minds and hearts of children are not easy to guide;
adolescent minds and hearts are bewildered and battered at times;
the minds and hearts of young adults are often lost
or too embarrassed to seek guidance.

For them a father is a steady example

of perseverance and good,
a beacon for wondering and wandering minds.

How could a father's task be done

unless he remembered his children were created
by a loving, wise and merciful God
who is with his children - and with him?




 





Relax don’t do it


When you want to go to it

Relax don’t do it

When you want to come




 




 



 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue Me!